In the spring of each year, art scholarships are offered to students in grades 7 to 12 to assist them in their pursuit of further training in their chosen art field (drama, art, music, dance, etc) at a summer arts camp or workshop. Scholarships are awarded in the amounts of $100 and $200 to applicants who complete the application and demonstrate a love of the arts.
EAC is thankful to Beta Sigma Phi Sororities and Meyers Norris Penny LLP for their support in this area.
The Estevan Art Council gratefully acknowledges the assistance of the City of Estevan, Organization of Saskatchewan Art Councils (OSAC), South East Connection Sport, Culture and Recreation(SECSCR), Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund for Sport, Culture and Recreation, Canadian Heritage and Canada Council for the Arts for their support.
Applicants will be considered based on the following criteria.
• Grade 5 to 12 in the Estevan area
• The discipline of Creative Writing qualifies under the Eli Mandel Scholarship for Creative Writing, but does not necessarily have to be given each year. Eli Mandel was an Estevan writer/poet and the scholarship was named in his honour.
• Evidence of community involvement and sharing of talents is an asset.
• Attempt to provide scholarships to as many different categories, if there are worthy candidates.
• Select one or two alternates.
• Attempt to distribute to different schools, grades and sexes.
• Scholarships may be given to previous recipients.
• Apparent financial need is not a criterion.
• Scholarships may be given to more than one applicant in a family.
• The application should be completed by the student, not the parent or instructor.
• The application should be fully completed. • No scholarship is given to someone for a private instructor.